Known Strangers



Dear stranger, It's been a while since you last called. I have been longing to hear your voice But it is not easy to call a stranger, right? You have to muster up all the courage And think about all the responses they might give And critically analyze if you're strong enough to digest it along with all the butterflies you still feel for them. You see, I was supposed to write about a random stranger but, my heart only drags me to your street. It's easier to write about when you know which way you're going, And my mind, body, and feet always turns to you all the time, Wish I could stop it but my reflexes are so familiar with your memories, It always ends up betraying me even when I tell them that's not the street I should be taking.
Dear stranger, How are you? I hope you are doing well. I hope you get hurt by my poems less by the day, I know you still read them, I know you still wonder who makes me laugh these days like you did, Or maybe you pretend that you don't care, Or maybe you don't, But my smile abandoned me since you became a stranger And I have been looking for it ever since, While I'm in the balls and chains of anxiety, Getting heavier by the day Draining the life out of me. These days I hold myself tighter Coz my feet are quaking earth with the feelings suppressed in, I can no longer trust when it will make me fall. My hands ache to be hurt Just for the sake to try If it can transfer the ache of heart on itself, My mind is a feather that floats to you Every time I loosen up the strings and let the air in, And my heart is the instrument I can hear ringing And even louder when I shut my ears. Dear stranger, I still think of you And think if we can start again from being strangers, Uprooting all the things we made our castle with, That is now in the ruins of the things we left behind. Dear stranger, I hope you’re doing well even if I know you are not. I’m looking for ways to transfer my smiles on your account, Hoping for the transaction to be successful soon Even if it leaves me bankrupt Till then, please try borrowing some It suits you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Long Distance Relationship

Depression: Synonym of your shadow

Disguised hate