A Tale of Long Distance Relationship

We have started falling asleep together during weekends, even when the only thing we could hold was the phone, pillows, blankets, and sheets. I fall asleep as I watch him drift away from reality to the world of dreams peacefully like a child after a long day, even if the sun is up in the sky there and no moon night here. I fall asleep to his sleepy whispers calling my name, his closed eyes and lips pinker than mine, I stare at him and think how much I'm in love with this person. I ponder upon ending the call, but I don't, thinking just this once, I can pretend that we're sleeping together, just not in the same bed, or room, or house, or country, but still together, face to face. 

He always sleeps before me, peacefully, telling me the tale of his tiredness and I let him and watch how perfect he looks and think how I can stare at this one person sleeping all my life. But I know, if he'll sleep in front of me in person, I would probably wake him back up just because I can't resist him and kiss him and tell him how irresistible he is. He will kiss me back with a smile, knowing I am not going to let him sleep. He knows I'm never getting enough of him and those kisses so he will let me wake him up. But, right now, I can't. I can't wake him up with kisses, hold him, or tease so I let him sleep. I watch him drift away in the land of dreams where we are holding each other feeling the spark and butterflies all over again without the thousands of miles of distance. And, I close my eyes too after staring him for a long while because I got alarms set for an early morning to begin another day of the rush of life without him. 

I try and sleep even if I can't with the lights on, even if the screen is too bright lighting on my face, even if the earphones tangle uncomfortably on my fingers, I try, just to pretend that I'm sleeping with him, side by side, face to face, just not on the same bed, same room, same house, or country, but what I have at the moment is too beautiful to not cherish it and I am happy. I fall asleep with the whispers of my name, maybe talking to me in his dreams. I fall asleep in hopes that someday our dreams will come true and we'll be tangled in same sheets, same bed, and same home, our home with no rivers, mountains, and oceans between us. 

Image result for long distance relationship

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression: Synonym of your shadow

Disguised hate