Depression: Synonym of your shadow

shadow depression
Black, dark,
Hanging onto you 
whenever there is even a little light in your life,
I make sure to be there.

Seen, unseen,
People either see me and ignore
Or don’t see at all,
But I make sure to tag along

Front, back, sideways
I be wherever I can,
Holding on to you
Like you are my master
But I’m the ruler
You’re my source
And I suck the life outta you like a parasite.

Outdoors, indoors,
I hover around you
And you barely manage to push me away
I know you tried.

Happiness, sadness,
I love to linger and tap you time to time
Especially when you are laughing the loudest,
I invite my best friend "anxiety" in
and party playing the string of your nerves
Feed on your happiness
And get drunk on your soul
It is my favorite booze.

Known, unknown,
I know you know me as a synonym of your shadow,
That follows you around everywhere you go,
And people ignore me as if you are just sitting in a dark room and I don’t exist
What they don’t know is I have become a part of you
Especially in the darkest corners like a ghost
That becomes powerful in the dark
That knows all the magic tricks
And uses it
at the worst times
And possess you
To make you do things
You don’t want to do.


Prompt Day 1: April 1 - "Shadow: Imagine you are someone’s shadow for a day and write a poem on it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Long Distance Relationship

Disguised hate